BUFO VENTURES LTD
18 Blenkett Wood Park, Jack Hill, Allithwaite, Cumbria LA11 7RL, United Kingdom
Tel (UK): 01539 532946
Tel (Outside UK): +44 1539 532946
Air Travel Organiser’s Licence No 4821
Registered in England at the above address – Nr: 2016350
Bufo Ventures Ltd specialises in tailor-made holidays and expeditions in Nepal for groups and individuals. We organise the Everest Marathon (which has no legal entity on its own) as a non-profit-making exercise: all profits from the race organisation are put into the Everest Marathon Fund. There are various reasons for this.
- An ATOL licence is required to provide a holiday package which includes any air travel to all UK participants and others who start the trip in the UK.
- The company can provide insurance for public liability, professional indemnity and employment insurance for the volunteer leaders.
- A considerable amount of money is required before the receipt of any race income for items such as airline and hotel deposits, advertising, printing and stationery.
- The office provides office and administrative services for about 21 months from initial planning to final accounts.
- The Everest Marathon Fund must be kept completely separate from any commercial activity and legal obligations which are carried by Bufo Ventures, which also provides the Everest Marathon Fund with office services free of charge.
Bufo Ventures has been organising the Everest Marathon since it started in 1987. Current Race Director is Diana Penny Sherpani.