In the past we have arranged flights between London and Kathmandu but this has now become uneconomic and all participants must in future arrange their own flights to Kathmandu. You must arrive by the joining date given and will not be able to leave before the end date of Nepal arrangements. If you arrive earlier or wish to leave later, extra hotel accommodation can be arranged to suit your flights.
2017 the cost of all land arrangements was £2450. The orice for 2019 will be published later in 2018.
Most payments in Nepal are made in US dollars. Most prices are fixed well in advance and an allowance is made for expected price hikes, such as Lukla flights which usually go up every September. Under our booking conditions you will see that we must absorb the first 2% of any increase in land costs and would inform you of any surcharges when your final invoice is sent in September 2019. The price is also based on a minimum number of participants of 60.
All prices include:
- airport transfers on arrival and departure in Kathmandu
- accommodation in Kathmandu
- flights between Kathmandu / Lukla and Lukla / Kathmandu
- all trekking arrangements including equipment, meals, guides and porters (except for 4 nights in Namche Bazaar)
- medical cover throughout the trek and race and race organisation
All tour payments should be made to the race organiser in sterling:
- by post with cheque or banker’s draft;
- by BACS;
- outside the UK by IBAN or Swiftbic: add £6 to cover UK bank charges.
- Full bank details will be published later in 2018.
- You must also notify the organiser by e-mail if you pay by BACS and IBAN.
- Payment cannot be made by credit card.
- travel insurance
- Nepalese visa
- lunches and 1 dinner in Kathmandu
- beverages and snacks in the hotel and on trek
- 4 nights in Namche Bazaar
Community Action Treks is a fully licensed tour operator, holding Air Travel Organisers’ Licence (ATOL) number 5830 issued by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). This licence means that accounts are subject to regular and stringent independent scrutiny.
With regard to the Everest Marathon this means:
- For participants who are in the UK when booking, the CAA covers all arrangements, even if arranging your own air travel to Nepal.
- For participants who are outside the UK when booking, the CAA only covers arrangements when air travel starts in the UK.
In the event of financial failure before departure, all monies paid will be refunded from the Air Travel Trust Fund or travel arrangements transferred to another ATOL agent. If failure occurs while you are abroad, the Air Travel Trust Fund will provide funds so that you can complete your trip. More information regarding the licence can be found on the ATOL web site: www.atol.org.uk.
For those EU participants who are not covered by the ATOL licence, all holiday payments are paid into a Trust Account until completion of the holiday. In the event of financial failure before departure, this account will refund any monies paid. This complies with EC regulations: Consumer Protection – The Package Travel, Holiday and Package Tour Regulations 1992. This regulation is likely to remain despite Brexit.