With London/Kathmandu/London flights: £3250
If arranging your own flights to Nepal: £2450. Extra hotel accommodation can be arranged in Kathmandu to suit your flights.
Most payments in Nepal are made in US dollars and we have used an exchange rate of £1 = US$ 1.3. Prices have already been agreed (except for Lukla flights). Under our booking conditions you will see that we must absorb the first 2% of any increase in land costs and would inform you of any surcharges when your final invoice is sent in September 0217. We have never had to level surcharges in the past! The price is also based on a minimum number of participants of 60.
A contract for London/Kathmandu flights has already been signed which guarantees the ticket price in sterling. There might only be a small variation as taxes are paid in dollars.
All prices include:
- airport transfers on arrival and departure in Kathmandu
- accommodation in Kathmandu
- flights between Kathmandu / Lukla and Lukla / Kathmandu
- all trekking arrangements including equipment, meals, guides and porters (except for 4 nights in Namche Bazaar)
- medical cover throughout the trek and race and race organisation
All tour payments should be made to Bufo Ventures Ltd in sterling:
- by post with cheque or banker’s draft;
- by BACS: account name Bufo Ventures Ltd, sort code 20-45-28, account number 50221333
- outside the UK by IBAN (GB59 BARC 2045 2850 2213 33) or Swiftbic (BARCGB22 + xxx if 11 characters required): add £6 to cover UK bank charges.
- You must also notify Bufo Ventures by e-mail if you pay by BACS and IBAN.
- Payment cannot be made by credit card.
- travel insurance
- Nepalese visa
- lunches and 1 dinner in Kathmandu
- beverages and snacks in the hotel and on trek
- 4 nights in Namche Bazaar
Bufo Ventures is a fully licensed tour operator, holding Air Travel Organisers’ Licence (ATOL) number 4821 issued by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). This licence means that accounts are subject to regular and stringent independent scrutiny.
With regard to the Everest Marathon this means:
- For participants who are in the UK when booking, the CAA covers all arrangements, even if arranging your own air travel to Nepal.
- For participants who are outside the UK when booking, the CAA only covers arrangements when air travel starts in the UK.
In the event of financial failure before departure, all monies paid will be refunded from the Air Travel Trust Fund or travel arrangements transferred to another ATOL agent. If failure occurs while you are abroad, the Air Travel Trust Fund will provide funds so that you can complete your trip. More information regarding the licence can be found on the ATOL web site: www.atol.org.uk.
For those EU participants who are not covered by the ATOL licence, all holiday payments are paid into Bufo Ventures’ Clients’ Trust Account until completion of the holiday. In the event of financial failure before departure, this account will refund any monies paid. This complies with EC regulations: Consumer Protection – The Package Travel, Holiday and Package Tour Regulations 1992. This regulation is likely to remain despite Brexit.